Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It gets better, just keep your head up...

     I try to keep on telling myself this, because I know that I will eventually get over it. But damn it! I hate working in retail... well it isn't that exactly, I just HATE getting those grouchy old ladies. I've had more rude women come up to my register than men. It's shameful to think that those horrible people are putting shame on the name of our sex.
     I shouldn't let it bother me, but I will be having such a wonderful and perfectly fine and mellow day... and then like jaws sneaking up behind me... thar she blows! It's Moby Bitch! And then my day is ruined. They just get so upset about the rules that my store sets and then they get pissed off at me. Then I think to myself, "I'm just a cashier, I can't change the rules." And then I know that they are thinking, "She's just some dumb cashier, she doesn't know what she's doing." And I don't like that. I don't like being treated illy and like I am stupid, because I know that I am not.
     I asked my co-worker though and she saids that I will eventually get over it and it won't bother me anymore, which is nice. So I do have hope and I will continue to smile like an idiot and say "you have a good day ma'am" while they are muttering to themselves to where I can hear, "we are never shopping here ever again". Seriously, it's a shame that they can't be the better person and just keep that to themselves and not make me feel like shit.
     Okay... I am done venting... for now.

1 comment:

  1. Venting is good, it helps relieve some stress. What kind of rules do your store have to be pissing people off? lol I can't stand rude people myself. I try to ignore them and I don't care what other people think of me so that helps.

    ReplyDelete